ECNE's PUI: Overview of the Electric System & Organization course will be held June 14 - 15, 2017 at Reading Municipal Light Department (230 Ash Street, Reading, MA 01867).
Reading Municipal Light Department employees: As the host utility, you receive reduced tuition. To register online, select the "Bill Me/Invoice Me" option and we'll invoice you at the host tuition rate. Please contact ECNE at (603) 626-4602 for more information or with any questions.
Who Should Attend:
This two-day course is intended for both technical and non-technical professionals who are new to the industry or need to broaden their understanding of basic utility operations. It is an introductory level course suitable for:
Utility staff in non-engineering positions such as customer service, accounting, purchasing, finance, legal, public relations, IT, safety, etc.
Students may elect to attend one or both days of the course.
- History of Electricity
- Power System Overview
- Overview of the Utility Business
- Rate Making
- Project Management
- Basic Engineering Calculations & Protection Principles
- Utility Safety
The course is instructed by experienced utility professionals possessing a solid background in utility power systems and operations. Instructors are subject to change.
- Chris Hughes, PMP, Transmission & Substation Project Manager at The United Illuminating Company. BSEE from University at Buffalo and MSEE from University of Bridgeport.
- Kunihiro Muto, Distribution Standards Engineer at The United Illuminating Company. Graduated from the University of Connecticut with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Joe Ryzewski, PE, PMP, Competency Lead, Engineering Services at The United Illuminating Company. BSEE from Northeastern University and MSIE from University of New Haven.
- Charles J. Underhill, PE, Integrated Power Resources Director, Town of Danvers-Electric Division. BS in Civil Engineering & MBA from University of Vermont. Chuck has worked in IOU, municipal, and joint action sectors of the electric utility industry for the past 36 years, including power supply planning and management, enterprise risk management, renewable resources development, energy efficiency planning and implementation, distributed generation, demand response, budgeting, forecasting, rates and regulation, and Smart Grid implementation.
- David Young, Safety Technician at the Vermont Electric Cooperative and Co-Chair of ECNE’s Employee Safety & Utility Operations Committee.
|| Full Program
| Full IOU, Municipal, Associate Members:
| Affiliate IOU Members:
| Host Company:
|| Contact ECNE
Unsure of your tuition rate? Contact ECNE at (603) 626-4602 or email email@example.com.
You may either register online by clicking the link "Register Now" at the top of this page, or return the PUI Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org (found under "Downloads").
Space is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-requested, first-honored basis. Cancellations are accepted until Wednesday, May 31st. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Agenda & Syllabus
PUI Registration Form
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact ECNE at (603) 626-4602.