Who Should Attend:
This three-day course is designed for engineers and technicians who are new to the power industry or new to overhead distribution. It is also appropriate for engineers or experienced technicians who are cross-training within a utility and are looking to broaden their understanding of overhead distribution systems. Knowledge of electric system equipment and the NESC is a prerequisite for this course.
The curriculum reviews the design, layout and requirements for engineering an overhead distribution system. Some of the topics that will be covered include: Code Requirements, Conductors, Poles, and General Field Layout.The curriculum includes course work to ensure opportunities to apply the concepts presented during class.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the skills to design and layout an overhead pole line.
Students should come to the class with an understanding of by what means their utility is required to meet the requirements of the NESC:
1) By their State Utility Commission
2) By State Statutes
3) Not required, done by the choice of the Utility
- David Beutel, Senior Technical Support Specialist at The United Illuminating Company. Attended Naugatuck Valley Community College.
- Howard Loso, Lead Engineer in Distribution Standards at The United Illuminating Company. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from the United States Military Academy (West Point).
- John Minardi, Supervisor in the Power Delivery Overhead and Underground Department. Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering from Naugatuck Valley Community College.
Unsure of your tuition rate? Contact ECNE at (603) 626-4602 or email email@example.com.
To register, download the PUI Registration Form, you can scan it an email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or you may mail it to:
PO Box 1029
Windham, NH 03087.
Space is limited and registrations are accepted on a first-requested, first-honored basis. Cancellations are accepted up until two weeks prior to the event date. Substitutions may be made at any time.
Agenda & Syllabus
PUI Registration Form
Courtyard New Haven Orange/Milford
136 Marsh Hill Road
Orange, CT 06477
Click Here to book your room and receive the ECNE rate of $129 per night. Rate is available until May 28th.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact ECNE at (603) 626-4602.